Whether it is due to an accident or an illness, you may find yourself in need of a wheelchair. While it is certainly not a fun thing to consider, you do need to be careful about the type of wheelchair that you get for yourself. After all, it is going to be your sole mode of transport for quite a while.
Now, you may find this a little difficult to do if you aren’t all that sure how to decide between wheelchairs. While they may look simple enough, there is actually quite a lot to consider when buying this type of vehicle for yourself. If you don’t know what you are doing, there is a good chance that you may end up with a dud.
If this is not your area of expertise, you are in luck, as we have put together a list of wheelchairs that will best suit you. Regardless of what your condition is or why you need a wheelchair, you will be able to find one that fits you perfectly. Here are your options:
1. Medline Lightweight and User Friendly Wheelchair
- Flip-back, desk-length arms make it easy to navigate under tables | elevating leg rests enhance comfort and remove...
- Breathable nylon upholstery is soft and comfortable
- Premium welds ensure reliability and durability
Why we like it: The Medline Lightweight and User Friendly wheelchair is a comfortable option that makes it easy for you to go about your day as usual.
Do you not want to be hindered in your day to day activities just because you are in a wheelchair? If so, this is the wheelchair for you. It has been designed to make it easy for you to slip behind desks and tables, making your workday an absolute breeze. You can also move the backrest up or down, depending on just how much of support you need. To top it all off, this wheelchair also comes equipped with leg rests that can be elevated.
Now, of course, you want a wheelchair that is sturdy and durable. Well, this wheelchair is certainly that, complete with premium welds that make sure your chair will hold strong. In fact, this chair is so sturdy that it can support individuals who weigh up to 300 pounds without any trouble at all. At the same time, this wheelchair is incredibly lightweight, which means that it can be easily folded up and carried around as it requires very little effort.
2. NOVA Medical Products Wheelchair
- IDEAL FOR TRANSPORT, TRAVEL & SAFETY - Much easier for transporting and travel than a wheelchair. Our unique design is...
- MOST VERSATILE DESIGN FOR ALL TERRAIN - Comes with NOVA’s patented locking hand brakes and 12” rugged rear wheels,...
- EASY USER TRANSFER - Removable padded desk arms make transferring the user from a car, bed or chair much easier. Desk...
Why we like it: The NOVA Medical Products wheelchair is a versatile chair that makes it easy for you to move around and conduct your day to day activities.
One of the most important things that you will require from a wheelchair is ease of movement. If you want a chair that is suitable for a variety of different environments and terrain, then this is the option you should consider. One of the biggest benefits with this wheelchair is the handbrake, which requires very little pressure and effort from you. This means that the wheelchair will come to a stop with the slightest touch.
This is also a great wheelchair to have if you want to go about your day as usual. It has armrests that are specifically designed to sit under desks and tables. This makes it really easy for you to have meals or even work at your desk. While this is a strong and sturdy chair, you will also find that it is can be folded and stored away for transport with very little trouble. Practically anyone can manage this chair as it doesn’t require a lot of strength to maneuver.
3. Karman Healthcare Ultra Lightweight Wheelchair
- Weighs only 19.8 lbs
- 18"x17" Seat with AEGIS Upholstery
- Removable Footrest with Heel Loops
Why we like it: The Karman Healthcare Ultra Lightweight wheelchair is impossibly light which makes it an absolute dream to transport about.
There are lots of downsides to having a wheelchair that weighs a lot. It can require more energy to move around and can be a total nightmare to transport. Well, this is not an issue that you will encounter with this wheelchair as it actually weighs less than 20lbs. So, practically anyone will be able to transport it without breaking out into a sweat. This means that you will be able to travel a lot more easily and with less hassle involved as well, which is certainly a bonus.
Despite being incredibly lightweight, this wheelchair is certainly not uncomfortable. It has been designed in an ergonomic manner so that it is comfortable to sit in. In fact, this wheelchair has been known to improve your posture and to even prevent pressure sores that can develop by sitting in one place for too long. This wheelchair is equally suitable for you to push yourself around in or have a caretaker do it. It has been built to be versatile in any or all these situations.
4. Drive Medical Cruiser III Wheelchair
- Removable flip-back arms allow for easy transfer
- Dual axle provides easy transition of seat height to hemi-level
- Comes with push-to-lock wheel locks
Why we like it: The Drive Medical Cruiser III wheelchair is easily adjustable and can be customized just for you. It is also incredibly comfortable.
One of the issues with most wheelchairs is that they are the wrong height or have the wrong seat depth for you. Well, this won’t be an issue with this wheelchair, as it is quite adjustable. You can change the seat depth as well as the front casters to an elevation of your choosing. It has also been designed to make it easy to customize in any way that you please, either by adding seat inserts or by even attaching accessories to the wheelchair.
There is also no denying that this wheelchair is quite comfortable and a good choice for anyone who has to spend most of their day in one. Both the armrests and calf rests are well padded. This way, weight is evenly distributed and you don’t have to worry about getting indentations in your limbs. You can also be quite sure that your wheelchair will not be going anywhere you don’t want it to. The wheels can be locked to make sure that you are safe and secure at all times.
5. Healthline Trading Lightweight Wheelchair
- ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT MANUAL WHEELCHAIR. This light transport wheelchair weighs less than 36 lbs. Best manual wheelchairs...
- TOOL-FREE EASY FOLD WHEELCHAIR. Lightweight folding wheelchair with elevating leg rest padded full armrests. Removable...
- MODERN AND CONVENIENT. Updated frame style of this manual wheelchair eliminates seat guides and allows for custom back...
Why we like it: The Healthline Trading lightweight wheelchair is built incredibly sturdily, is simple to clean, and is easy to sit in for hours at a time.
If you are going to buy a wheelchair, you are going to want to make sure that you get the best possible value from it. This is precisely what you could expect with this wheelchair. It has been built to withstand different body weights as well as regular use and abuse. Since it is made of carbon steel, this chair is not just sturdy and reliable, it is also lightweight. So, whoever is caring for you will have no issue in lugging it about for you, particularly while you are traveling.
The other thing you need to think about is how easy it is to maintain your wheelchair. After all, you do need to keep it clean and sanitary to maintain your health. This will prove to be an absolute breeze with this wheelchair. It is made to be resistant to mildew and bacteria and can also be easily wiped down. What’s also great about this chair is how easy it is to maneuver. The wheels are expertly designed and make it incredibly simple for you to move around.
6. Drive Medical Blue Streak Wheelchair
- Cutting-edge wheelchair design makes independent mobility enjoyable. Width open with 20 inch seat is 26 inch
- Detachable desk arms and premium swing-away leg rests provide customizable support. Seat-To-floor Height- 19.5 inches
- 18" padded nylon wheelchair seat ensures lasting comfort and is easy to clean.Do not use an abrasive cleanser that will...
Why we like it: The Drive Medical Blue Streak wheelchair makes it simple for you to move around by yourself and allows a lot of freedom.
Just because you are in a wheelchair doesn’t mean you want to constantly rely on others to get around. If you want to be able to be free to go where you please, you should get yourself this wheelchair. You will find it incredibly easy to move around in it by yourself. It is also very safe as the wheels come with an easy to use, secure lock, which will ensure that the wheels stay in place when you want to be stationary.
The overall design of the wheelchair is quite ingenious as well. It has arms that fit under desks but can also be removed, if you want to customize the chair further. The footrests provide you with the comfort and support that you need, but they can also be moved away to make it easier to use the chair. What makes this wheelchair even more desirable is the compact design that also makes it an absolute breeze to fold for travel.
7. Roscoe Medical Onyx K4 Wheelchair
- Cross-brace, silver vein powder-coated steel frame
- Height adjustable, flip-back armrests make for easy transfers
- Quick release rear axle provides easy transition of seat height to hemi-level
Why we like it: The wheelchair is a lightweight model that is comfortable and incredibly supportive.
Is comfort key to you? Then you are going to want to be incredibly sure that the wheelchair you get is able to provide you with the level of comfort you want. The good news is that this is precisely what this chair will do for you. The design is a little wider, which means that there is a little more room for you to move around in, and you will not feel as though you are being squashed. You will have plenty of space to spread out.
The Roscoe Onyx Wheelchair is a high-strength chair with an attractive silver coated steel frame. The K4 features adjustable height, flip-back armrests, a two-inch seat extender, quick-release rear wheels, an adjustable angle back with angle adjustable footplates. Onyx wheelchair is a superior value in a variety of ways.
Such as it’s high-performance frame and design, and it comes with a convenient chart pocket on the backrest. It’s footplates are fully angle adjustable and swing away footplates to allow for more relaxed foot positioning. The leg rests have a pneumatic piston for infinite elevating positions. Also included are tool-free adjustable front riggings. The front and back precision sealed wheel bearings performance are reliable and long-lasting. Rear anti-tippers come standard.
The Roscoe is a very strong chair is holds a person weighing up to 300lbs. with ease. Since it has been built properly, it’s sure to last you quite a while, which makes the expense for it fully worth it.
8. Medline Lightweight Transport Wheelchair
- Medline transport lightweight wheelchair has large 12 inch rear wheels for better performance on uneven outdoor surfaces...
- Transport chair with powder coated aluminum ultralight frame is durable and has a weight capacity of 300 lbs
- Folding transport wheelchair is portable, making it perfect for easy storage, transport and travel | Back folds down to...
Why we like it: The Medline Lightweight Transport wheelchair makes it really easy for you to be transported with very little effort.
There is no denying that one of the most complicated issues with being in a wheelchair is how you will be transported about. After all, if you aren’t planning on being stuck in one spot for long, you are going to need to get into a vehicle at one point or another. For such a situation, this wheelchair is really one of the best things that you can hope for. It has been perfectly designed to make your transportation from one place to another as simple and breezy as possible.
First, the handbrakes and the wheels on this chair come into play. They have been built to allow you to cross all types of terrain. So whether you are being pushed over uneven ground, on an incline, or going down a slope, there will be absolutely no issue at all. Also, you will not feel uncomfortable, as the chair has been built to be able to take all this bumping around. The wheelchair can also be folded up and taken apart so that it can be kept in really small places.
9. Medical Supply Team Transport Wheelchair
- Aluminum Transport Chair Designed for quick and easy patient transport without the cumbersome bulkiness of a wheelchair....
- Chair folds easily using pull-up handles on seat and folding down back, Quick release, fold-down back, Removable,...
- Seat to floor height: 19-1/4", Overall height: 39-1/2", Overall width: 22-1/4" open; 9-1/4" closed , Weighs 20-1/4 lbs....
Why we like it: The Medical Supply Team transport wheelchair can be folded and folded quickly, making travel a lot simpler to manage.
There are few things more annoying than a wheelchair that is clunky and requires a degree in engineering to fold. With this wheelchair, though, you will not face such problems. This is because this transport chair can be folded with just a few movements. And it is just as easy to pull back up into shape again. It is this feature that makes it one of the best options for you, if you tend to travel quite a lot and don’t want to unnecessarily waste time.
As it’s a wheelchair that has been specifically designed for transport, it is quite lightweight. So, most people will be able to pick it up and move it with ease. This doesn’t make it any less strong, however. This chair is actually able to support up to 300lbs of body weight, which means that it is incredibly durable. It is also quite safe as it has a push to lock wheels. Once this is activated, you can be quite certain that your wheelchair will not budge an inch.
Last update on 2021-04-18 at 22:32 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API