Pull ups are one of the most complete full body workouts that you can do for working out your upper body. It may be quite difficult to do at first, but later on it get a lot easier with regular training. You can always do pull ups at the gym, but oftentimes you may find yourself not having the time to go to the gym if you live a very busy lifestyle. Luckily, by getting a pull up bar, you can perform pull ups at home, without having to dedicate a full room to it. Most pull up bars can be supported on door edges so you will not require additional equipment to set them up. Also, some pull up bars let you do other exercises as well such as sit ups and push ups. Here are some of the best pull up bars out there.
1. HemingWeigh Heavy-Duty Easy Gym
- Sculpt Your Body In Your Own Space At Your Own Pace - This pullup bar for doorway is a space efficient body gym system....
- Upper Body Workout Bar Adjusts For Your Fitness Goals - Our indoor strength training pull-up bars are made for a wide...
- Use This Pull-up Bar On The Door Or On The Floor - Not only is this a door pull up bar, you can bring it to the floor to...
Why we like it: The HemingWeigh Gym Bar is a pull up bar that is highly recommended if you are looking for a very affordable pull up bar to use at home.
The bar is definitely one of the cheapest of those mentioned in this list. The bar lets you do other exercises like chin-ups, sit-ups, dips and crunches so you can use it for a variety of other exercise than just pull ups. There are no pre-requisites that you will need in order to set up the bar as its installation is extremely easy. You will not have to drill any holes for screws on your walls or door frame so there won’t be any damage caused to these. The bar is constructed of a heady-duty high grade steel so it will be able to support even the heaviest of weights. The bar comes in a somewhat compact size, making it very portable.
2. Yes4All Deluxe Chin up Bar
Why we like it: The Yes4All Deluxe Chin up Bar is the top choice if you want to have a variety of choices when it comes to purchasing the bar.
There are several different sizes to choose from when you purchase the bar, so you will have to get an idea of what the size of the doorways in your house are like. The bar is sold at a very affordable budget and superior build quality. The bar can support a weight of up to 250 lbs without bending or breaking. The bar is made of a thick high-grade steel with several comfortable grip position to choose from. The grips are made of a comfortable foam padding so you won’t feel any strain on your hands when you use it. The bar lets you perform several different workouts apart from just pull ups, making it a versatile upper body workout machine. Installation of the bar is very simple as it just requires to be inserted on a doorway frame.
3. Firstlaw Fitness Extreme I-beam Pull up Bar
- FIRSTLAW FITNESS MAKES THE ONLY I-BEAM PULL UP BAR THAT USES 1-1/4" STEEL TUBE - THE STRONGEST I-BEAM PULL UP BAR ON THE...
- FITS I-BEAMS FROM 3.5 in TO 11 in WIDE
- BOLT-ON INSTALLATION - NO DRILLING - MULTIPLE GRIP POSITIONS - FEELS LIKE IT'S WELDED TO THE I-BEAM
Why we like it: The Firstlaw Fitness Extreme is a much more expensive pull up bar than the others in the list, however it does come with a few nifty features for the additional expense.
The pull up bar uses an I beam structure and is made of a very strong steel tube, making it one of the strongest I beam pull up bars out there. The bar uses a bolt on installation that does not require any drilling, so that you don’t have to damage your walls to install it. The extremely strong build quality of the bar is able to support up to 600 lbs. in weight so you can perform your exercises, even hanging sit ups, without having to worry about it breaking due to the weight. There are rubber grips on the bar which allows you to comfortably grip the bar when you work out. You will receive a lifetime warranty with the bar so you can use it worry free.
4. Ultimate Body Press XL Doorway Pull Up Bar
- GET OUT OF THE DOORWAY: Effectively build muscle across the chest, arms, back, and core with pull-ups, push-ups, dips,...
- BUILT FOR REAL WORKOUTS: Premium heavy steel tubing supports up to 300 pounds. Exclusive ABS couplers secure a true,...
- EASY INSTALLATION: Bar installs in seconds with no drilling. Fits residential doorways 6 inches deep when measured from...
Why we like it: The Ultimate Body Press XL Doorway Pull Up Bar a great pull-up bar option that you can get.
This differs from most of the other pull up bars as it is mounted on the ceiling. The bar is extremely durable and supports a weight of up to 300 pounds so you will be able to work out without having to worry about the bar bending due to the force. The bar has a very premium build quality and would look good no matter what the decorations in your house are like. Apart from pull ups, you can also do all other types of muscle building exercises, as the bar is very strong compared to most others. The installation is really simple and you will be given a 100% satisfaction guarantee with the USA tech support which you can always contact.
5. j/fit Deluxe Doorway Pull-Up Bar
- LONGEST LENGTH BAR AVAILABLE: Made in Taiwan with high grade materials, this Pull-Up bar fits doorway openings up to...
- HARDWARE INCLUDED: This premium Pull-Up bar comes with all the hardware you will need, a set of safety brackets with...
- ADJUSTABLE COMFORT HAND GRIPS: Made with neoprene material and easy to adjust Velcro, these removable hand grips allow...
Why we like it: The j/fit doorway pull up bar is another good choice if you want to a pull up bar that you can use at home.
You can choose between two different packaging. The frustration free packaging or standard packaging, depending on your preference. The pull up bar is 40” wide and fits on any wide doorway frames. This is one of the longest length bars that are available so you will not have a hard time fitting it on even the widest door frames. The bar has adjustable comfort hand grips which lets you vary your grip in order to hit different target muscles. There are also mounting dots that come with the bar which lets you perform sit ups, crunches and dips, making it a versatile upper body workout machine. The bar has adequate safety features that lets you even perform hanging leg raises without having to worry about the bar giving in.
6. Iron Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar
- Multiple (five) grip positions allow you to build and tone upper body muscles
- Professional quality, heavy duty training tool supports up to 250 pounds, Sturdy steel construction
- Comes with thick padding and non-slip comfort grips, Simple assembly, portable, and attaches and removes easily from the...
Why we like it: The Iron Gym total body bar is one of the best pull up bars that you can buy.
This bare is excellent for helping you sculpt your body and strengthen your muscles. The Iron Gym is the multi-function training tool that tones your upper torso and midsection. It will increase strength in your back and biceps. It is designed to fit in most doorway frames of 24″ to 32″ or trim moldings of 3 1/2 inches wide. The Iron Gym is great for floor for pushups, dips, and sit-ups. Iron is also an ideal choice for people who want to get fit without buying expensive weight sets that take up a lot of space. The Iron gym has 3 grip positions after it is installed in the doorway, the device lets you perform pull-ups and chin-ups. It is terrific for working the inner and outer back. After you are finished with working out your back. Move the Iron Gym to the floor, where you can perform pushups while facing down, tricep dips while facing the other way, or sit-ups using the Iron Gym for foot stability. The durable steel construction holds up to 300 lbs.
7. ProSource Multi-Grip Chin-Up/Pull-Up Bar
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL – 12 comfortable grips & various handles allow you to perform wide, hammer, close-grip exercises
- UPPER BODY STRENGTH - Strengthen entire upper body and abs with pull-ups, sit-ups, push-ups, dips, and leg raises;...
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE & INSTALL – Slip-in design fits standard doorways (24” to 36”). Includes 2 optional foam covers...
Why we like it: The Pro Source Pull-Up Bar is another affordable pull up bar that you can use to work out your upper body at home.
The bar has multiple grips which lets you perform different workouts or in order to vary the target muscles off your workout. There are 12 different grips on the handles so you have a very broad variety of variations for your exercises. Using the bar, you can also perform workouts for your abs by doing sit ups, triceps by doing dips and also push-ups for your chest. The assembly and installation of the bar is extremely simple and it fits easily on any standard sized door frame. The bar is made of a very durable steel that is able to support up to 300 lbs. of weight so you can perform your exercises without having to worry about the bar caving in. There is also a limited lifetime warranty that you get with the bar.
8. Iron Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar
- Turns any doorway into a personal gym; installs in seconds. Fits up to 35.4 inch wide door frames
- Ideal for pull-ups, push-ups, chin-ups, dips, crunches, and more. Fits up to 35.4 inch wide door frames
- Three grip positions, narrow, wide, and neutral. Foam grips
Why we like it: The Iron Gym Upper Body Workout Bar is another fine choice when it comes to affordable pull up bars.
The pull up bar features pretty much the standard pull-up bar build and it allows you to do various other exercises apart from just pull ups. Using the bar, you can also do push-ups, chin-ups, dips and crunches in order to get a complete upper body workout. There are three different grip positions that you can switch from based on the type of workout that you want to do. You can perform wide grips, natural and close grip pull ups in order to have a good variation in your workout. There are no screws or drilling required to set it up so you will not have to damage your door or walls in order to set it up. The bar has an all-metal build with the right amount of padding in order to ensure that you get a comfortable grip when you work out.
9. Pure Fitness Doorway Bar
- Fits most doorways 27" to 32" wide and up to 6.3" deep with extra-thick padding for points-of-contact with door frames...
- Features six foam padded grips and eight different grip positions for performing multiple workouts to exercise and...
- Heavy-duty steel construction installs in seconds without damage to doorways or walls
Why we like it: The Pure Fitness Doorway Bar is a portable, easy to use fitness bar that you can use to get a good upper body workout.
Using the bar, you can even do chin ups, sit ups and dips apart from using it for just pull ups. There are several different grip positions, each area padded with a comfortable padding in order to ensure proper grip. By using different grip positions, you can ensure that you hit different target muscles on your back. The bar is quite durable and is able to support a weight of up to 250 pounds. This makes it ideal to do push-ups at home regardless of what your body weight is. The bar is able to fit on any standard doorway frames and the installation is extremely simple. There are non-slip rubber feet on the bar and it uses a heavy duty steel construction for increased stability when you perform your workouts.
Last update on 2021-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API