Oil, butter, and unhealthy fats are the last things that you need to add to your food. If you want to make your meals a little more wholesome, it often means that cooking and frying are out. While baking is a healthier option, it can take too long and is a nightmare in the summer.
So, what does this leave you with? Well, steaming your food, of course! Here, you can cook your meat and vegetables without using oil or any other fattening ingredients. Not to mention, steaming helps to trap all the nutrition inside your food so your meal is automatically healthier.
Since there is no denying that steaming is the superior option, it is now time to consider what it is you are going to use to steam your food. Since there is a lot to choose from, we have put together a list of products that will work wonderfully for you. Here is what will serve you well:
1. Progressive Mini Microwavable Steamer
- 2 cup (480 ml) capacity
- Microwave Mini Steamer
Why we like it: The Progressive Mini steamer offers a quick and easy way to steam smaller amounts of food with as little fuss as possible.
If you cook a lot of single-serving meals or don’t have a lot of time on your hands, pulling out a traditional steamer can be pointless. These can take too much time and have more features than you really need. If this describes you, then you should give the Progressive Mini steamer a try. It is a two-piece steamer that can be popped into the microwave to quickly steam your vegetables. This steamer is capable of cooking both fresh and frozen vegetables while trapping all of that nutrition.
While it is described as a mini steamer, this bowl has plenty of space. You can easily fit in up to two cups of vegetables in there. This is more than enough for one meal. The great thing about using this type of steamer is that you get to steam your veggies with precision. Instead of relying on a timer, you can stop cooking the veggies when you feel like they are done. There is also minimal washing up to do with this steamer!
2. Black and Decker HS800
- Bonus features: Auto off with signal bell, classic white color.
- 2 qt. steaming bowl, 4-cup (960 ml) rice bowl. 75 minute timer.
- The Black & Decker Food Steamer & Rice Cooker is a pitch perfect way to serve up the finest, tastiest food in record...
Why we like it: The Black and Decker food steamer has a longer timer than most and can easily cook tougher, bigger foods.
If you like fuss-free cooking then this Black and Decker food steamer will be right up your alley. It is simply a matter of filling up the water, throwing your food in, and letting the steamer work its magic. Now, this is definitely a steamer that works fast. If you are making a dinner full of simple veggies, expect it to be ready in minutes. However, if you want to steam a tough piece of meat, you can do this too. The steamer has a timer that goes all the way up to 75 minutes.
A great advantage with this steamer is that all of your food will be able to retain its natural, wholesome taste. There is a built-in flavor scent screen that traps in all that delicious flavor for you. If you want a side of rice or grains with your meal, this steamer will help you out here too. There is a large rice bowl that can be used in the steamer to cook your rice to perfection. The Black and Decker steamer has everything you need in a compact design.
3. Presto 06003 Multi Cooker
- All-purpose kettle for stews, roasting and steaming.
- Fully submersible with Control Master heat control removed.
- Heavy cast aluminum body with non-stick surface inside and out.
Why we like it: The Presto 06003 is a jack of all trades cooker that makes it very easy to steam your food as well as use it for other types of cooking.
If you are getting a steamer, why not get one that can do pretty much everything as well. This way, you can cook with just one pan in your kitchen. Thanks to the Presto 06003, this isn’t a pipe dream – you can steam, cook, and even deep fry foods with this device. What’s great about the steaming capabilities on this cooker is just how easy it is. Thanks to the easily removable steam basket, you can keep checking on your vegetables. This gives you better control over how well they are cooked.
The steam basket on this multi cooker is enormous and you can easily feed several people with what you make. There is also a warm option with this cooker. So, if you are not ready to eat just yet, you can keep it warm until it is mealtime. When you are ready, just lift the basket so that all of the liquid will drain. This is also a durable cooker with an aluminum cast body that is going to last you for years.
4. Nopro 1 Mini Steamer
- 3 piece set includes base pot, steamer and vented, tempered glass lid
- Perfect size for steaming small portions of vegetables, seafood or meat dishes. Steaming retains vitamins and minerals,...
- Use without steamer to cook pasta, heat soups, sauces, milk, boil eggs & water
Why we like it: The Norpro 1 Mini Steamer is a manual steamer that is sturdy and simple to work. It also takes up minimal space in the kitchen.
Sometimes, you just can’t beat the old fashioned way of doing things. If you’re not one for gadgets, then you will love this Norpro steamer. With this type of steamer, all you need to do is to lift the lid to check how much your food has steamed. So, when you feel that it is just right, all you have to do is turn off your stove. While this does mean that you have to keep watch, you also get your food cooked perfectly.
The mini steamer has a deep steamer basket which can actually take quite a bit of vegetables and even meat. Plus, all of the pieces are made from high-grade stainless steel while the lid is made from tempered glass. You can get some serious use from this steamer and still have it looking like brand new. Due to the simplicity of the setup, washing up is easy as well. A quick rinse and some soap, and you will be done.
5. Cuisinart STM-1000 Digital Glass Steamer
- Powerful steam system with 5L dishwasher-safe glass pot
- LCD control panel, Start/Stop, Pause & Reheat buttons & Audible alert
- 5 preprogrammed food settings: seafood, poultry, grains, vegetables, and manual
Why we like it: The Cuisinart STM-1000 can cook large amounts of food in short periods of time. There are also various settings for better steaming.
This is actually a really beautiful food steamer. The steaming container is made from glass which makes it look quite sophisticated. Of course, this steamer is more than for just looking at. The sheer size of the container means that you can cook up a family dinner in one go. The one-liter tank attached to it gives you all of the steaming power that you need to cook large meals. It is a good option for those who don’t want to use plastic to cook their food.
The steamer is actually quite simple to use and just by pushing a couple of buttons, your food will be on its way to being cooked. If you want to stop the cooking process, all you need to do is press the stop button. If you are cooking different foods, the pause function lets you take a break while you add foods that cook a little faster. A unique feature with this steamer is the reheat button. You can warm up something you made earlier without having to steam it completely.
6. Rosewill Electric Food Steamer
- Food steamer with 3-tier stackable BPA-free transparent baskets, BPA free rice bowl, total 9.5 quarts (9L), makes...
- Turbo steam ring designs with 800W power to start generating steam in less than 40 seconds
- 60-minutes timer with safety auto-off when water is empty
Why we like it: The Rosewill electric food steamer is equipped with accessories that allow you to cook smaller foods like grains and even has an egg holder.
If you don’t want your food touching each other but also want to make large amounts, the Rosewill steamer can make this happen for you. The steamer has three levels, each made from BPA-free plastic so your safety is assured. Unlike some of the other steamers, though, this one has a built-in egg holder among the layers. This way, your eggs can stand upright while being cooked and will be evenly boiled. There is also a bowl that can be used to cook your rice or other grains.
Don’t want to wait for your dinner? No problem! This food steamer boasts 800 watts of power so that the water will start turning to steam only 40 seconds in. Your food is going to be steamed faster than you can imagine. There is also a great safety feature where the steamer will automatically shut off when there is no more water in the reservoir. Because of this, there will be no damage to the machine. This is a good option for large families.
7. Faberware Stack n Steam Steamer
- AWARD WINNING STEAMER: Multipurpose stainless steel steamer set awarded Best Stovetop Steamer for 2020 by Business...
- STEAMER SET INCLUDES: Stack 'N' Steam 3-Quart Saucepot with Lid and steamer basket insert that works great as a lobster...
- QUICK TO HEAT: A full cap base on the stacking steamer and saucepot features a thick aluminum core surrounded by...
Why we like it: The Farberware steamer is an efficient manual steamer that helps you steam food quickly and with as little hassle as possible.
If you want a steamer that can be used on the stove, it doesn’t get better than this Faberware steamer. One of the perks of this pan is that it has an aluminum core. This means that the entire pan heats up evenly. The water in the pan can then boil faster, producing steam quite quickly. The rest of the pan, steam tray, and the lid is made from hardy stainless steel. You don’t have to worry about your beautiful pan being discolored or even giving way to corrosion.
Even though this is a manual way to steam your food, there is no danger involved. The handles are thick and heat resistant – they can even survive being placed in an oven! There is no chance that you will burn your hands while handling the tray. Even the bottom pan comes with thick, rolled rims. Even as you are pouring out hot water, there are no drips that can fall on you. Also, this set is so tough that there is a lifetime warranty on it against defects.
8. Bella Dual Basket Food Steamer
- FOOD STEAMER: With 7.4 quarts of cooking capacity & 2 separate steaming containers, you can cook a full meal with sides...
- ALL YOU NEED: A 2-tier design allows you to cook multiple items at once for quick & easy meal preparation—simply set...
- GUESS-FREE COOKING: The water reservoir view window ensures you'll always know whether you have enough water to finish...
Why we like it: The Bella food steamer is quick, efficient, and easy to use. There are also different accessories to cook a variety of food.
The great thing about this Bella food steamer is that you can make your meat, veggies, and grains all in one go! The dual layer allows you to separate the meat and vegetables while they are cooking. This means that they don’t absorb the smell or flavors of the other food. Also, you can steam foods with various cooking times together and take them out when needed. There is even a separate compartment so that you can steam your rice and grains too.
Can you never seem to guess just how long you should cook specific foods for? Well, say goodbye to under or overcooked food with the Bella food steamer. There is a handy guide on the side that lets you know how much time different foods have to spend in the steamer. Whether you are steaming dumplings or cooking chicken, you will be sorted. There is also a viewing window for the water reservoir that lets you know just how much water is left to steam the food.
9. Hamilton Beach Digital Steamer
- FOOD STEAMER AND RICE COOKER: Easily cook a whole meal with one appliance with 5.5 quarts of cooking capacity. Includes...
- VERSATILE STEAMING: Versatile, stackable 2-tier steaming to cook multiple foods at once for quick and easy meal...
- GUESS-FREE STEAMING: Just fill it up and set the timer. When the food is ready, it will automatically switch to Warm. It...
Why we like it: The Hamilton Beach Digital steamer is very hands-off. It will cook your food to perfection without you needing to keep watch.
With this Hamilton Beach steamer, you don’t even have to be at home for your food to be cooked! It comes with its own delay timer which lets you set everything up but will only start cooking once the timer has counted down. So, if you want your food to be only made an hour before you get home from work, this can be done! Of course, this option is best used with veggies and grains instead of meat that can go bad.
The steamer is also just as great once your food is done cooking. It alerts you with a beep and then keeps your food warm up to an hour after that. The steamer has two layers but it comes with a removable divider. Therefore, if you want to cook a really big piece of meat, for instance, you can do this by just having one large compartment. There is a handy guide on the side of the base that tells you how long to cook each type of dish.
10. Euro Cuisine FS2500 Electric Food Steamer
- Stainless Steel Steam basket preserves the original flavor of the food and nutrients, along with being safe to cook...
- 2 tier of 8.5 quarts each basket, removable steam basket easy to cook in
- Use hot or cold water, generates steam in a short time, letting food to start cooking immediately
Why we like it: Euro Cuisine provides a stainless steel alternative to plastic food steamers. There are also many features that make steaming much easier.
Not everyone feels safe with using plastic steamers and that’s fine. If you are looking for a stainless steel steamer, then the Euro Cuisine should be at the top of your list. It has two large steamer baskets, each able to hold up to 8.5 quarts. If you like cooking big meals, you will definitely be impressed with all of the room that this food steamer has. The baskets are also excellent at preserving flavors and making sure that your food doesn’t absorb the taste of previously cooked food.
Because of all the features available on this steamer, you get to tailor your steaming experience. There is even a delay timer if you want to step out for a bit while your food is steaming. Once the food is done, you can use the warmer so that your veggies are preserved until you want to eat. The steamer also works quite fast. You can use cold water in the reservoir and still have your meal ready in almost no time at all.
11. Oster CKSTSTMD5-W Food Steamer
- Food steamer for vegetables, meat, fish, and poultry
- Steaming retains nutrients and eliminates the need for cooking oils
- Double-tiered design allows you to separate and simultaneously cook 2 types of food
Why we like it: The Oster CKSTSTMD5-W is easy to use, easy to clean, and gets the job done with as little supervision as possible.
Sure, the name of this Oster food steamer is complicated but fortunately, it is simple enough to use. It is just a matter of filling up the reservoir, snapping in the trays with the food, and setting the timer. You don’t even have to be there when your food is done cooking. When the timer counts down, the steamer just shuts off. Not only is this incredibly important for safety, it also stops your food from being turned to mush.
The tiers are quite large and have plenty of room for all types of food. You can also cook various ingredients at the same time. If you want to cook tougher foods like meats, the timer can be set to sixty minutes to cook the food more thoroughly. When the water reservoir runs out, something called dry boiling can happen. To prevent this, the device has an automatic shut off feature. When you fill up the reservoir, you can start up the steaming process again.
12. Ovente FS53W Food Steamer
- Fast, Easy, Delicious (Just Add Water) – 400 Watts of power steam your favorite vegetables, seafood, meat, eggs,...
- Healthy – Steaming is the #1 healthiest cooking method and soon you won’t be missing the others. It lowers...
- Safe & Convenient – Comes equipped with a 60-minute timer with 15-minute intervals so only little supervision is...
Why we like it: The Ovente FS53W food steamer is a straightforward steamer that is perfect for those looking to cook big meals.
Don’t want to fiddle around with complicated buttons or have to spend hours reading the instruction manual? If you want it quick and easy, then this Ovente food steamer is what you need. Apart from filling up the water reservoir, all you have to do is set the timer and wait. When your food is done steaming, the timer will automatically stop so that it will not be cooked any further. You can just choose the right time and then go ahead and do something else without worrying about your food.
If you’re not sure how long you need to cook your meat and veggies for, the guide on the side is very helpful. This way, your food will always come out perfectly cooked. This is a very large steamer with three different tiers that can be stacked on top of each other. Each tier can hold about 2.5 quarts, which means that you can cook an entire meal for several people with just this steamer. The steamer also has enough power to steam lots of food quickly.
Last update on 2021-08-03 at 18:32 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API