Is there anything scarier than a blackout? Even if it is just a temporary outage, having the lights suddenly go out on you can feel quite eerie. Not to mention, not being able to see can also lead to some serious accidents, especially if you decide to rely only on candles.
This is why it is important to always have emergency lights at home and even in your vehicle in case of car troubles. You will then be fully prepared to deal with anything that might happen when you are plunged into darkness. At the very least, you won’t have to worry about stubbing your toe on your furniture.
Now, not all emergency lights are created equal. If you want bright, uninterrupted illumination, you are going to need the best on the market. Here, you will find the emergency lights that will be perfect for any blackout situation.
1. Etekcity Camping Lantern LED Portable Flashlight
- ULTRA BRIGHT: This lantern includes 30 individual low consumption LED bulbs carrying 360° of luminous light while...
- LONG-LASTING: Light up at least to 30 hours of regular, continuous use with enough battery capacity (batteries...
- 4 LEVELS BRIGHTNESS CONTROL: Easily adjust the brightness with dimmer button to fit the environment for camping,...
Why we like it: The Etekcity portable lamps are easy to carry and help to illuminate a greater area around you, making it easier to see.
Going camping without the proper gear can make a fun event turn into a disaster in no time. In moments like this, you will need a handy lantern flashlight like the Etekcity Camping Lantern LED Portable Flashlight to get you through. The Etekcity Camping Lantern LED Portable Flashlight is one of the best tools to have in an emergency situation or if you know you will be spending time outdoors.
Even if you are not an outdoor enthusiast, having an Etekcity Camping Lantern LED Portable Flashlight on hand will help you if you are ever in a situation where your home loses power and you need a light source. When it comes to the features, you can look forward to four different levels of brightness.
You can easily adjust these different levels of brightness with the easy to use dimmer button. Whatever light level you are using it at, you can look forward to the power of 30 individual led bulbs that are situated at 360 degrees with the lantern. These special LED lights are what allow your Etekcity Camping Lantern LED Portable Flashlight to have a longer lifespan. Moving around with your Etekcity Camping Lantern LED Portable Flashlight is an absolute breeze thanks to the magnetic base that it features. This magnetic base allows you to situate it to any metal frame. Along with that, this magnetic base allows you to work handsfree without having to worry about where to put your lantern. When you are done with your Etekcity Camping Lantern LED Portable Flashlight, you can easily store it away thanks to its collapsible and compact construction. Along with that, you are also able to pack it along anywhere because it is super lightweight.2.
2. Amerelle 71134CC Slimline Power Failure Lite
- Be Prepared in an Emergency – Install these plug in emergency lights in your home, they automatically light up when...
- A Must-Have Device – Keep the rechargeable power outage light plugged in around your home. A fully charged unit lasts...
- LED Power Failure Light – The front panel lights up automatically when the power fails, alerting you that power has...
Why we like it: The Amerelle Slimline Lite automatically switches on in the event of a power failure. It can also be used as both a general light and a flashlight.
When the power first goes out, there are always a couple of minutes of confusion and yelling. With the Amerelle Slimline, however, you won’t have to deal with this anymore. This is because if the light is plugged in when the power goes out, it will automatically turn on. You will then be able to easily find your way to the light and unplug it. It is up to you how you choose to use the light. You can place it on a table or you can use it as a handheld light.
The other great thing about this emergency light is that it will actually last you quite a while. If you keep it on continuously, you should be able to get about 24 hours of light from it, at least. This means that you should be able to ride out a blackout with ease. Also, it is pretty easy to charge. When you plug it into a socket, the NiMH battery starts to recharge itself. This is a must-have for any household and will certainly come in handy.3.
3. AYL StarLight Emergency Light
- MOST RELIABLE LANTERN ON THE MARKET - It uses LED bulbs with an output of 1000 lumens, guaranteeing you crystal clarity...
- 6 FULL DAYS OF POWER! Battery Powered Can Be Used For Up To 6 DAYS Straight on a Single Set of Fresh 3 D Batteries. The...
- LIGHTWEIGHT SHOCKPROOF DESIGN AND WATER RESISTANT - Designed with a hook at the bottom that makes it easy to set it up...
Why we like it: Durability, power, and longevity – the AYL Starlight emergency light has it all. This is the perfect light for extreme situations.
If you are looking for an emergency light that is almost indestructible, then you will definitely want the AYL Starlight light. This lamp is shockproof, water resistant, and lightweight to boot. So, it can certainly take being banged around a little and still survive. It is also very bright, thanks to the LED lights resulting in an output of 600 lumens! You can also choose between the three modes – low, high, and strobe – depending on the situation that you are in.
The AYL Starlight lamp runs on batteries. With a brand new set, you will be able to power this lamp for six days! If you are expecting bad weather or a blackout that will last a while, this is the lantern that you will need to get through it. You can even hang this lamp up if you want to cast a wider beam. There is a hook on the bottom that lets you use the lamp any way that you want.
Related Read: Best Night Lights for a Kid’s Room
4. Avalon LED Emergency Light
- Motion sensored: once the flashlight detects movement, it automatically switches on. After 10-15 seconds of no movement,...
- Bright LED: light contains five LED light bulbs for optimal Lighting and brightness. It is especially handy for use...
- Rechargeable: this sensor flashlight is conveniently designed to function through a rechargeable docking station. It is...
Why we like it: You get three lights in a pack that you can place around the house. The lights have a motion sensor and will turn off automatically.
There is no telling where you will be during a power outage, which means that it probably won’t be enough to only have an emergency light in the living room. Since there are three in this pack, you can have a light in different rooms. However, what really stands out about these emergency lights is that they turn on automatically when the power goes out. Also, they have a motion sensor which turns on the light whenever it senses any movement in the room.
Even though they are quite small, they actually pack quite a punch. These lights are more than enough to light up even a large room well. The lights are also very slim and easy to hold. Due to the light on the top of the device, you can turn this emergency light into a flashlight as well, and walk around with it. The product comes with elegant docking stations that you can place the lights in when you want them to recharge.5.
5. Ivation Emergency Power Failure Multipurpose Light
- 3-in-1: LED nightlight, LED emergency flashlight, and LED flashing strobe
- Two-piece design: plug-in nightlight base with flashlight/strobe click-on
- Powerful lithium-ion battery charges whenever in base
Why we like it: The Ivation Multipurpose light has numerous uses, making it excellent for a variety of emergency situations. It is also a long-lasting and powerful light.
There are so many different ways that you can use this light when you are left in darkness. If this light is plugged in when the power goes out, the light will automatically turn on. This will help you find your way to the charging station. You can then just pick it up and use it as a flashlight to find your way around. When it isn’t an emergency situation, the light can also be used as a nightlight for gentle illumination.
This is also a light that you can feel comfortable taking outdoors with you, especially if you are camping or on a hike. There is a strobe light feature that will make it easier for people to find you in the darkness. The Ivation emergency light is simple to use as it charges its lithium battery every time that it is plugged into its base. When it has been fully charged, it can light up for up to nine hours without interruption.6.
6. The American Red Cross Blackout Buddy
- Emergency Flashlight: This LED blackout flashlight lights up automatically when there's a power failure so you don't...
- Multifunction LED: Fold-up prongs allow you to use the Blackout Buddy as a flashlight anytime, and it features an on/off...
- Stay Safe and Have Fun: For over 30 years we've been dedicated to creating award-winning, innovative products for...
Why we like it: The American Red Cross Blackout Buddy can be used as a blackout alert as well as a flashlight for extended power outages.
When a product is recommended by the Red Cross, it is usually a good sign that it will be helpful when there is an emergency. This is exactly what the Blackout Buddy does. Since it is kept plugged in, it acts as a blackout alert by turning on immediately when the power goes out. This means that you don’t have to try and move around in the darkness to find your flashlight. Speaking of flashlights, this is exactly what the Blackout Buddy can turn into!
The Blackout Buddy is slim and lightweight, easy to hold in your hand and move about. It will also last quite a while when it is not on charge. Once the battery has been fully charged, you can use the light for up to four hours. This is also a light that can come in handy even if you are not in the middle of a power outage. It can be used as a nightlight feature on a daily basis as well.SEE MORE
Related Read: Best Battery Chargers
7. AGPtek Solar Lantern
Why we like it: The AGPtek solar lantern can be charged in a multitude of ways, which means that you can use it for as long as the power is out.
While emergency lights are great, there is always the fear that they will go out when the charge runs out. This becomes more likely when there is a blackout that lasts for days. Well, with the AGPtek solar lantern, you don’t ever have to think about battery life again. This lantern can be charged in five different ways, including solar power and hand cranking! Just a minute of cranking the lantern at the right speed can give you up to twenty minutes of light.
This lantern has another important feature that is essential for modern-day living – it can act as a device charger. So, in case your precious phone does run out of juice, you can hook it up to the lantern and recharge it for a bit. The USB port can fit other devices too. The lantern also has two brightness modes to choose from. If it is just you, you can choose regular brightness, but if you want to light up a room, there is a Super brightness option.8.
8. SunDigits 3-in-1 Emergency Light
- Lithium Ion battery stores 4 nights (30 hours) of power on full charge. UL and R0HS compliant. Night Light, with soft,...
- Power Failure Light, ensures bright light for safety during power failure.
- Flashlight, can be removed from outlet and act as a flashlight.
Why we like it: The SunDigits Emergency light can be used in three distinct ways. It also has an incredible energy reserve which helps it to last longer.
This is the type of emergency light that you can use even when there is no emergency. You can use it as a nightlight since the dimmer can be used to soften the light. Of course, the main purpose of the SunDigit light is to help you out when a power failure hits. You can keep the light in its outlet so that it can cast a wider beam over an entire room. Or, you can remove it and use it as your own personal flashlight.
Not only does this light have an amazing reserve, it also has six LED lights that are energy efficient. All of this means that you can use the light for a longer amount of time. In fact, you can use this light for thirty hours straight without it giving out on you. Therefore, if you are going to use it only at night, you will be able to use it for four nights in total. The light does come with a sensor that shuts it off at dawn.9.
9. Gama Sonic Rechargeable Emergency LED Lantern
- Set of two DL-972LS lanterns provide exceptional illumination from 24 bright-white LEDs or single high-beam LED Leave...
Why we like it: You can keep the Gama Sonic rechargeable lantern plugged in until the power goes out without having to worry about high electricity bills.
One of the things that everyone wants out of their emergency lights is for them to turn on the moment the power cuts out. This way, you don’t have to worry about shuffling around in the dark. Since the Gama Sonic lantern remains plugged in at all times, it senses the blackout and turns on immediately. In case you are concerned about what this will do to your bill, know that the light stops drawing power once the battery is full.
When the battery has been fully charged, the emergency light can last up to seven hours. To top it all off, the lights are quite bright. There are 40 LED lights with a 300-lumen output. You will have no trouble at all lighting up your surroundings. Even better, this is an emergency light that has been made to be portable, so you can lug it around with ease. When there is no emergency, it also functions well as a powerful work light.SEE MORE
10. Ideal Security SK636 Emergency Blackout Light
- LED Light: The light turns on automatically as well as with a switch when there is a power outage and includes a night...
- Portable and Easy to Install: This LED flashlight comes with a removable A/C adaptor, making installation easy; no...
- Includes: A rechargeable and replaceable 6-volt lead battery and removable 6-inch AC adapter, making it easy to charge...
Why we like it: The Ideal Security SK636 emergency blackout lights can be plugged in for easier use and they also have an incredibly long battery life.
One of the main issues with most security lights is that they need to be wired into your current electrical system. This can be such a pain to do and can be quite expensive as well. There is absolutely no such fuss with the Ideal Security lights. Instead, you just plug them in like any other emergency light. If you think that this cuts down on their output time, think again. These can last up to 40 hours if you decide to use them on half power.
The other great thing about these lights is that they are portable. You can unplug them and take them with you wherever you go. If you want to use the lights on full power, they are very effective as work lights. Even in a brighter mode, they can last up to 20 hours! Don’t need the lights for more than a certain time? Then you can simply turn it off so that you can conserve the battery until you need it again.
Last update on 2021-12-05 at 03:45 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API