Say what you will about them, cats will continue to be a pet favorite for many people. Never mind that most of them need an attitude adjustment. And never mind that they do not really care about your existence except for when you are catering to their every whim. In the eyes of their owners, they are perfect just the way they are and the rest of us will just have to live with that.
So why not spoil your cat even more by getting them some fun toys to play with, specifically ones designed especially for cats? After all, you cannot be attending to them round the clock and sometimes it pays to have a good distraction keep them occupied while you can do your own work in peace. But as we already know, cats can be hard judges of the gifts you buy them. So assessing the personality and preference of your feline is a key part of the homework to do before selecting the best available toy for it.
But will the toy itself perform as expected? To answer that, you really need to take an in-depth look at the modern market and work out the performance of each item based on its reviews, ratings, and other fragments of information. But all that can be fairly tedious to do which is why we have already done it for you and compiled a list featuring our top 10 picks for the best cat toys that are commercially available right now. Take your pick out of this list and chances are, your cat is going to be very pleased with it for a very long time.
1. Bergan Turbo Scratcher Cat Toy
- Fun Cat Accessories: Racetrack cat toy includes a cardboard cat scratcher, rolling ball and catnip
- Cat Scratch Furniture Protector: Distracts cat from damaging furniture by providing scratch outlet
- Interactive Cat Toy: Pet rolling ball provides mental stimulation and a variety of playtime options
Why we like it: A toy that gives your cat or kitten hours of fun and spares your furniture unseemly claw marks.
Daily life with your cat is a tender and loving experience. That said, however, there is no shortage of situations where your cat could simply drive you nuts. One of the most common examples is when your cat decides to sharpen their claws on whatever prized furniture lying around within their reach. Although your cat may find it utterly satisfying, those claw marks will be an ugly sight to behold on any expensive upholstery or woodwork. But can a toy solve the problem?
If there was ever one that could, it would be this, the Bergan Turbo Scratcher cat toy. It is essentially a scratchpad – ball and catnip included – that will act as the perfect substitute for when your cat desperately needs to sink their claws into something. The scratchpad is textured and promises to be entirely replaceable once it has been worn out. There is something for the kittens too, a track to run around the scratch pad and a ball too.
2. Cat Dancer Products Cat Charmer Wand Teaser Toy
- THE CAT’S PAJAMAS – The multicolor cat charmer teaser wand is a great way to play with your cat. Safe, simple, and...
- FELINE FINE – Aerobic exercise can keep your cat healthy, flexible, and full of fun. This interactive catdancer is...
- YOU’VE CAT TO BE KIDDING – A good toy given to the wrong pet can be a bad toy. No fear here! This interactive no...
Why we like it: Available in different colors and entirely non-toxic for your cat.
No doubt, a crucial consideration you will be making when selecting which toy to buy for your cat is whether or not it in any way poses a threat to them. It is always safe to verify that the toy contains no outright toxic substances or those that your cat might be allergic to. To that end, the Cat Dancer Cat Charmer Wand Teaser toy gets past the inspection’s health concerns of most owners. It makes it past our standards as well.
This toy is made of a wand which is polycarbonate as well as a vibrantly colored fabric. It is designed to be used in aerobic exercises for cats, both kittens, and adults. It also now comes from a fun selection of colors. Knowing how much cats love to chase after things, each wand has a strip of colored fabric attached to it. So instead of pulling a string along the ground and getting a backache when you are done, you could try this much less stressful alternative.
3. Kong Naturals Incline Scratcher Cat Toy
- Satisfy your cat's natural scratching instincts by encouraging Appropriate scratching behavior
- ally friendly cat scratchers are made with renewable resources and are recyclable
- Scratch pads are Reversible for extended use
Why we like it: The ideal scratchpad for your cat that is also entirely recyclable and extra durable.
These days, to stay at the forefront of the market, it is not enough to just do things better than everyone else. It also has to be environment-friendly. And that responsibility extends to even the most elementary items like cat toys. Kong is one of those manufacturers that take eco-friendliness very seriously and applies that principle to all of their cat toys. This particular one is designed to appeal to one of the most basic natural instincts of your feline: scratching.
Cats have a natural urge, time and again, to scratch things. This is necessary for them to keep their claws sharp and in working order. However, it does not benefit your household furniture too well. Kong offers a scratchpad that is intelligently made using renewable materials and encourages your cat to scratch it in lieu of your precious cushioning and wood furniture. This pad is actually reversible so you can use it for way longer than usual.
4. MidWest Homes Curious Cat Cube
- The "Original" Curious Cat Cube by MidWest This cat cube measures 15.5"W x 15.5"L x 16.5"H when assembled, brown faux...
- Strong / sturdy construction, cat hide-out is fast to assemble & collapses flat when not in use for easy storage &...
- Cat hide-away includes plush hanging ball w/ "hide & seek" cut-outs to promote play, a nice private den creates a fun...
Why we like it: There is no denying, it is more than just a toy for your cat. Rather, you may think of it as a fun-filled penthouse for felines.
The MidWest Homes Curious Cat Cube offers a wealth of fun activities to interest your cat. Plus, it is also a highly practical thing to set up and live with on a daily basis. It is not really fair to call it a toy. It is actually more of cat house or condo featuring an appealing brown faux suede as well as synthetic sheepskin that will complement most home interiors. But that is hardly the point. It is just luxury accommodation for your cat to lounge and play in.
We know for a fact that cats love to stay perched in high places so they can survey the goings-on below them. This cat cube contains a cushioned bed topper complete with stuffed bolsters that give them an elevated spot to lounge in and survey their environment at will. There are some real play-centered features too – Hide-and-seek side cutouts and suspended plush toys to grab at and play with. This whole fun house is built to a very high standard and comes with one year of warranty.
5. Catit Senses 2.0 Circuit
- Designed for cat play with a flat speed track with special peek-a-boo cover stimulates cats to chase the ball
- The redesigned cat toy is now 10 inches longer than the original Play Circuit and enables 100+ layouts
- Includes a swirl- patterned ball with the optimal weight for play; For extra fun pair this circuit with...
Why we like it: Versatile design makes this one of the most fun and engaging toys you can get for your feline friend.
We know that cats can be among the bossiest, most ungrateful critters on earth sometimes but to those that have one, they can do no wrong. And sometimes, getting them the best available cat toy is all that really matters. Here is one that will really spoil yours, the Catit Senses 2.0 Circuit. Not only does it claim to be the most fun thing your cat ever played with, it also promises to go easy on your wallet and not make you think twice about the budget before buying it.
The play circuit and its peek-a-boo track is now 10 inches longer and offers 100 plus layouts. The new Senses 2.0 activates your cats senses with touch and sounds. It lets your cat see the ball as well as chase and swat at it. It encourages them to use full senses with backward compatibility in this new 2.0 version. The ball includes a swirl pattern and uses a special color combination to attract a cat’s attention.
6. SmartyKat Skitter Critters Cat Toys
- ENTICES CATS: Perfectly sized, lightweight toys that cats can easily pick up, carry, and play with; these soft plush...
- STIMULATING: Catnip contains aromatic oils that give cats a euphoric buzz and stimulates their instincts; most cats...
- FEEL OF REAL PREY: The cat toys feature soft plush, felt ears, and dangling tails, mimicking the multitextured feel of...
Why we like it: Replicates an age-old favorite prey of any domestic cat and is available in large packages to suit multiple cat owners.
There is nothing to arouse the interest of a cat like a squeaky little mouse. So guess where the SmartyKat Skitter Critters cat toy takes its inspiration from. Yep, you guessed it. It is a package containing 3 little mice made not of flesh but of renewable organic materials instead. Each one measures around 4 inches. If your cat is into mouse hunting – and it probably is – then here is a toy that is guaranteed to keep them occupied for as long you want.
The pack we have featured here contains just the 3 mice but you can also buy packs containing 6, 9, or even 10 mice. So whether you have just a single cat or a whole houseful, there should be enough mice to entice every one of them. The size of each mouse is just right for being tossed and carried around. No chemical or pesticides have gone into making it, and the fiberfill has been made entirely out of recycled plastic.
7. BestPet Cat Tree Scratcher Play House
- ✔【PROTECT YOUR BELOVED FURNITURE FREOM DAMAGE】Does your cat scratch around and damage your furniture? Are you...
- ✔【STABILITY IS ALWAYS PRIORITY】Your cat gets quite frisky on our cat tree. The cat condo stays put with no sign of...
- ✔【FELINE-FRIENDLY SOFTNESS】Ultra-soft plush of our cat condo gives optimal smooth touch that your kitten can never...
Why we like it: A pretty sizeable cathouse that contains plenty of space for your cat to have fun in as well as relax.
Cats love to scratch at things, particularly wood, and that can be a real problem if you have got any expensive wood furnishing lying around at home. The solution, of course, would be to find a toy that can act as the ideal substitute for your cat to scratch and sharpen their claws on that does not cost quite as much. Enter the BestPet Cat Tree Scratcher play House, a proper 73-inch cat condo that goes way beyond satisfying your cat’s scratching needs.
This thing also works as a place for fun, exploration, exercise, and relaxation. That is enough of a distraction to spare your furniture and drapes from those naughty paws and claws. It does not exactly come cheap but you do get a lot for your money. It is quite a large cathouse, even able to contain a staircase by which your cat can go up and down. There are two cat dens, one at the bottom and one on top although we reckon that a can would favor the latter position more often than not.
8. Hartz Just for Cats Kitty Frenzy Cat Toy
Why we like it: Helps maintain the natural predatory instinct of any domesticated cat with its irresistible 12 or so little mice.
Just because your cat is domesticated does not mean they should be discouraged from taking up a hunt once in a while. Keep your cat’s hunting and chasing skills as sharp and refined as ever with the aptly named Hartz Kitty Frenzy. This pack contains at least a dozen of the cutest, most tempting mice that your cat will ever see and they are perfectly sized too. With these guys crossing your cat’s line of sight, there is nothing to hold back on and every reason to dart after them.
What this toy is then is a lesson that goes back to basics. The fun it gives your cat is the old-school, essential type that gives them a good workout and preserves their natural predatory method. With each mouse filled up with catnip, there is little to no doubt that your cat will be caught up in a frenzy of excitement as soon the mouse shows up. So the next time you need your cat to leave you alone for a few hours, unleash the mice and watch them dance.
9. SmartCat Peek and Play Toy Box
- Heavy-duty wood toy box to hide toys inside
- Keeps curious cats mentally and physically sharp
- Works with almost any appropriately sized toy or catnip
Why we like it: Affordable and intuitively made to keep your cat thoroughly engaged and entertained for years to come.
You may have just seen the likes of this one being featured in viral cat videos on the internet partly because its mechanism can be rather amusing. The SmartCat Peek and Play Toy Box challenges your cat to effectively fish out its toys from purposefully placed access holes. It can be used with virtually any cat toy or catnip that can fit in there. The toy box itself has a durable wooden construction that can last for several years as well as compliment many home interiors.
The holes from which your cat is intended to fish for toys are 1 ¾ quarter inches each. There are 9 of them located on top and 2 on the sides. The actual toys can even be rotated to make it all a little more fun. Playing with it will help improve your cat’s senses, reflexes, and predatory instincts. And for all that it offers, it is remarkably cheap. It is not often that you come across such an efficient device featuring a high-quality wooden construction at the same rate that this sells.
10. Easyology Interactive Cat Tunnel Toy
- SO MUCH FUN: Designed to give your cats a really fun maze-like experience. Connect 2 or More!
- PREMIUM AND DURABLE MATERIAL: She'll spend hours running in and out! Perfect Size 36 x 8 x 8 inches
- BEAUTIFUL DESIGN AND CONVENIENT STORAGE... When play time is done, your cat tunnel can be collapsed and secured easily...
Why we like it: A network of tunnels in which your cat can get happily lost in. Also features a durable construction and a very reasonable budget.
Aside from helping to keep a cat both entertained and engaged, a good cat toy also keeps it amply distracted from household items. Having a high amount of energy is good but not ideal if you have no place to focus it on. The Easyology Interactive Cat Tunnel Toy promises to be as good a work out for your cat is it is a fun and playful experience. With so many tunnels to run through, your cat is going to be fully alert and responsive.
The maze of tunnels was really a stroke of genius on the part of the designers. Once a cat has stepped inside and begun exploring, there is really no stopping it. As an owner, you will not have to worry about them running off anywhere else. What’s more, this toy is not just made for a few play sessions, it is very much built for long-term usage as is evidenced by its high-quality design and construction. It is affordable too and comes with a full money back guarantee.
Last update on 2022-12-03 at 00:46 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API