For the most part, cats tend to keep themselves quite clean, with their tongues being an excellent brush. There are some long haired cats, however, that need a little bit of extra attention. Of course, there is always that moment when your curious kitty will decide to investigate some sticky substance or crawl through the mud. Your only option now, in either of these cases, is to reach for the cat shampoo to get the furry feline clean.
Giving your cat a bath is probably on par with trying to wrestle an alligator. Using the best cat shampoos can make this job just a little easier for you, although you still have to deal with a wet, grumpy kitty.
It is important that you find the right cat shampoo so that you can prevent any unwanted skin problems. This means that it has to have non-irritating ingredients, smell nice, and must also do its job of getting dirt off your cat. Here are some of the best products on the market to keep your cat looking and smelling great:
1. Pro Pet Works
- PRO PET WORKS PERFECT BLEND" ✔️Aloe Vera Gel ✔️Almond Oil ✔️Oatmeal ✔️Vitamins A, D & E
- BENEFITS: ✔️Formulated for sensitive, itchy, dry skin ✔️Helps eliminate wet dog smell ✔️De-tangles for easy...
- ADVANCED FORMULATION:Our revolutionary pet wash was specially formulated with cats and dogs with sensitive skin and...
Why we like it: The Pro Pet Works is guaranteed to work well on any cat suffering due to sensitive skin or allergies.
There are some cats that have incredibly sensitive skin. This means that if you attempt to use most store-bought shampoos, it will result in dry skin, itching, and maybe even fur falling out. With this shampoo, there is no such concern. This is because it contains no soap or ingredients typically found in soap that can cause an allergic reaction. Instead, the shampoo relies on oat proteins, almond oil, vitamin E, and aloe vera to get the job done. It will clean your cat without irritating the skin or fur at all.
Your kitty will also end up looking better too. Their fur will be healthier and well nourished. As a result, your cat will have softer and silkier fur. You will find it much easier to brush your cat as the brush will slip smoothly through your pet’s fur. This is definitely the shampoo you want to use on your kitty that seems to have a negative reaction to everything else. Both you and your cat will be relieved.
2. Particular Paws Oatmeal Shampoo
- NO MORE ITCHING: The natural shampoo that soothes the skin getting rid of itchy skin.
- SMELL GREAT: The shampoo that will leave your pet smelling so fresh and clean.
- SOOTHE SKIN INFECTIONS: Restore normal pH balance of the skin and soothe nasty infections.
Why we like it: The Particular Paws oatmeal shampoo helps to alleviate various skin conditions including dry and itchy skin.
Does your kitty suffer from an unfortunate skin condition such as dander, dandruff, or hives? If so, treating these can be tricky. The Particular Paws shampoo deals with the condition for you, however. It uses natural substances such as oatmeal and aloe vera to soothe the itchy skin and to make your kitty feel more comfortable. Ingredients like shea butter helps to keep the coat soft and moisturized. Honey plays a dual role – it is an antibacterial agent and also aids with moisturizing.
If you think that your cat’s coat is looking a little lackluster, then this shampoo can help with that. With continuous use, you will notice that your feline friend’s coat is thicker and shinier than before. This is partially because this shampoo is great at only absorbing dirt, not your pet’s natural oils. Therefore, your cat’s coat is able to flourish, particularly with the help of the other ingredients. This shampoo is also mild enough to be used on kittens too.
3. Espree for Kittens
- Tear Free
- A gentle shampoo designed for kittens and sensitive cats
- It’s perfect for nursing and expectant mommies too
Why we like it: Espree for Kittens is gentle enough to be used on kittens but effective enough to get them clean.
Espree for Kittens solves your dilemma of finding a shampoo that is mild enough for a young cat. Unlike other products that have as many ingredients as a grocery list, Espree keeps it short and simple. You will only find organic aloe vera, jojoba, coconut-based cleansers, Panthenol, and Vitamin A, D, and E. There is nothing here that will irritate the skin or fur of your little ball of fluff. Instead, it will gently clean it, leaving the fur soft and smelling great.
This shampoo also makes bath time a little easier. It has been specifically designed to not sting their eyes if you do accidentally get some in there. It is already pre-diluted so it is simply a matter of pouring it directly onto your kitty and scrubbing them clean. The shampoo washes off with relative ease too so you don’t have to spend ages washing a wriggling cat. Kittens aren’t the only ones who can benefit from Espree, it can also be used on pregnant or nursing cats.
4. All Natural Anti Itch Oatmeal Spray Or Shampoo
- STOPS ITCHING ON CONTACT: Our plant and botanical based oatmeal baking soda spray provides instant, soothing, topical,...
- FORMULATED FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: Our formula contains high quality, all natural ingredients including oatmeal, oat...
- VET AND GROOMER RECOMMENDED: Our oatmeal pet spray offers safe, professional, quality for dogs, cats, puppies, kittens,...
Why we like it: Botanical formula which stops itching and soothes your pet’s skin and fur.
This plant and botanical-based oatmeal baking soda spray provides your pet with instant soothing relief form itching. It is the perfect spray for pets that are suffering from hot spots, flea bites, pollen allergies, grass allergies, surgical stitches from surgery, food allergies, scratches, and flea bitten or raw and irritated skin. This spray helps to stop your pet from licking, chewing, and biting at irritations.
The spray is specially formulated for sensitive skin and contains only high-quality, natural ingredients. The deodorizing light apple scent keeps your pet smelling fresh between baths and trips to the groomers. It also makes a great detangling sprat as it makes fur easier to brush and manage. Brushing this spray into your pet’s fur will leave their coat silky and shiny.
If you are looking for a wonderful spray that helps to protect your dog’s coat and keep them smelling fresh then this is the perfect choice for you and your pet!
5. Pet Pleasant Pet Shampoo
- Dog Wash - Treat your beloved pet to our natural shampoo and moisturizing body wash that is an odor eliminator that...
- Natural Shampoo - You’ll love our hypoallergenic dog shampoo that’s filled with gentle but effective ingredients...
- Dog Shampoo for Smelly Dogs - Our blend of essential oils and carrier oils help keep your pet smelling fresh without...
Why we like it: The Pet Pleasant shampoo is a natural antibacterial product that gently cleans your cat.
It can be quite difficult to find natural antibiotic shampoos for your cat but this is precisely what Pet Pleasant offers. Here, it uses lavender and evening primrose to banish any germ agent that may be causing your feline friend any harm. Since these are natural extracts, they aren’t harsh and will not leave your cat’s skin feeling dry. After only a few washes, your cat’s skin will be much healthier. Instead, they help to moisturize the fur and have it look even better than before.
This shampoo is especially great for cats that have overly sensitive skin that tends to get itchy or dry. The lavender soothes such issues and helps to prevent them from coming back. Since the shampoo contains an oil that is derived from coconuts, it helps to add important antioxidants to the skin. The shampoo really will help keep your cat’s fur incredibly clean, healthy, and soft. There is a pleasant, natural fragrance left behind by this shampoo so that your kitty smells great for a while.
6. Vet’s Best Waterless Shampoo
- RELIEF FOR SENSITIVE SKIN – Vet’s Best Waterless Cat Shampoo cleans, conditions, moisturizes, and soothes itchy, dry...
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS- Our unique leave-in formula uses key natural plant-based ingredients, such as Aloe Vera, Neem Oil,...
- QUICK AND EASY – Vet’s Best Waterless Cat Shampoo’s rinse-free foam application is quick, easy and startle-free
Why we like it: With Vet’s Best Waterless Shampoo, there is no need to get your cat wet to give him or her a bath.
It goes without saying that cats don’t like to get wet. They can get so angry that most owners simply avoid giving their kitty a bath. The Vet’s Best shampoo, however, solves this problem for you. This is because you don’t need to get your cat wet in order to use it. It is simply a matter of rubbing it through your kitty’s coat and then leaving it on. Your cat will not even know that it has been given a bath.
This shampoo takes it one step further by being completely safe to use on cats with flea treatments. Although the shampoo is leave-in, it will not affect any remedies that you are currently using! This means that you don’t have to worry about the flea treatment losing its potency. As such, it is perfect to use on kittens that you may have just rescued and want to be clean and flea-free. The Waterless shampoo can be used on kittens who are more than twelve weeks old.
7. Four Paws Magic Coat Shampoo
- CAT SHAMPOO TEARLESS - Specially formulated for kittens and cats with delicate skin
- SOOTHES AND MOISTURIZES - Enriched with gentle-skin conditioning agents keratin and lanolin
- PARABEN FREE AND DYE FREE - Cat hair shampoo is made with a formula pet parents can feel good about
Why we like it: Four Paws Magic Coat shampoo leaves the cat’s coat amazingly soft and shiny.
This an ideal shampoo for cats that have coarse or dry fur. This shampoo contains plenty of conditioning agents such as keratin and lanolin. As a result, your kitty’s fur is going to improve drastically after a short period of time. Despite the many conditioning ingredients, this shampoo washes off well. There is no oily or greasy residue left behind, only a lovely sheen on your cat. The Magic Coat shampoo works just as well on long haired cats as it does on short haired cats.
The formula for this shampoo is quite gentle. It has been made so that it will not sting the eyes of cats. It will also not cause any allergic reaction, dryness, or itching. The shampoo has a pleasant yet natural smell that lingers for a short while after the bath. The other advantage with the Magic Coat is that it is a good deal – you get a large bottle and it’s affordable. Also, it can last you for quite a while too.
8. Oster Oatmeal Naturals Shampoo
- Cat dander shampoo effectively reduces excess dander and prevents dry, flaky skin
- Enriched with 100% natural oatmeal extract to help soothe and protect skin
- Ideal for homes with cat allergies
Why we like it: The Oster Oatmeal Naturals shampoo helps to significantly reduce dry skin, itching, and dander.
One of the side effects of fleas and flea treatments for your kitten is often unbearable itching. With this shampoo, you will be able to cut down on this considerably. After just one wash, you will notice that your cats are a lot more comfortable and will not be scratching themselves as much. All of the ingredients that are used in this shampoo are natural which prevent any allergic reaction. It is also much healthier for your kitten as well.
Dry skin and itchiness leads to one thing – dander. This can mean trouble, especially for owners who have allergies. If you find yourself sniffling all the time, you will be pleased to know that Oster’s will reduce the dander produced by your cat. You and your kitty will be more comfortable. To top it all off, this shampoo has a pleasant smell and leaves a lovely fragrance behind. This means that your cat is going to be smelling a lot better, for much longer.
9. Four Paws Magic Coat Shampoo
- Perfect Coat shed and hairball control shampoo is specially formulated for cats
- It helps to control excess shedding and reduce hairballs
- Fortified with antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids to moisturize and leave coat shiny and healthy
Why we like it: Perfect Coat Shed Control and Hairball shampoo helps to alleviate excess shedding, especially with long haired cats.
If your cat sheds often and seems to discard several layers at once, then this shampoo is going to help quite a bit. Almost immediately after bathing your cat with this product, you will be able to notice that they shed a lot less. Similarly, they will not cough up as many hairballs. Since this shampoo helps to minimize hair loss, your kitty will not be swallowing as much fur when they clean themselves. Overall, this means that there is less of a mess for you to clean up after.
Of course, the shampoo does more than just stop your cat from shedding. It also helps to wash up any accumulated grime and dirt. What’s more, it washes off very easily and you don’t have to rinse your cat as much. Since it is full of moisturizing ingredients, your cat’s coat will look amazing. It will be soft and silky to the touch and will look incredibly shiny. The shampoo does have a lovely smell but it is not overpowering enough to bother your kitty. The smell does linger for a long time after the bath.
Last update on 2021-03-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API