Best Drill SetsTools & Garden
DEWALT DCD777C2 20V Max Lithium-Ion Brushless Compact Drill Driver
- Brushless Motor: Longer Motor life and 30 percent more runtime than brushed
- INCREASED VISIBILITY: Has built in LED with 20 second delay after trigger release
- Ergonomic Design : Compact (752 in front to back) and Lightweight (2.6 pounds) Design fits into tight areas
The first thing to note about this drill set is that it is very compact so it is able to fit in those really tight situations whenever necessary. The other advantage, of course, is its ability to remain compact and lightweight at just 2.6 pounds. But it is equipped with a high-performance motor and a two-speed range which suits it very well. What else is compact about this set is the 18-volt drill which punches well above its weight too. It also has built in LED with 20 second delay after trigger release. Comes with (1) DCD777 Compact brushless Drill/Driver, (2) Li ion Batteries, (1) Charger, and (1) hand carrying Kit bag.
Once again Dewalt has managed to fit a high-performance motor inside an ergonomic, compact design that facilitates lengthy run times in confined spaces. You can also use it on all of the common material surfaces such as metal, plastic, and wood for tasks like framing, installing a cabinet, or HVAC work. And besides, how could you resist the occasional DIY project as well? And it comes with no strings attached, just 2 Ni-Cad batteries requiring just an hour of charging time.
Black & Decker Lithium-Ion Drill and Project Kit
- Includes 20V Lithium drill for a variety of home projects
- Lithium Ion Battery - Always Ready, holds a charge up to 18 months
- Includes 66 hand tools and accessories
You would be amazed at the rate this drill set sells for when you find out it comprises of at least 109 individual components. We know the benchmark for electrical power on drill sets is 18 volts. This set from Black & Decker takes that number up to 20V. It is also independent of a power cord and its batteries are rechargeable. Left without use, a full charge will last up to 18 months. But we very much doubt that you will not be using it.
And there are a number of good reasons for that. Firstly, the drill bits that are part of the set can be used on all the usual surfaces like metal, plastic, and wood. The variety among the drill bits themselves is vast so they are suited for multiple applications. And let us not forget the storage bag that not only provides easy storage but makes the whole set quite portable as well. We cannot oversell this one. It exceeds all our expectations.
PORTER-CABLE Lithium-Ion 2-Tool Combo Kit
- 1/2 inch two speed drill/driver. High performance motor delivers 283 Units Watts Out and 0-350/0-1,500 RPM.
- Compact design 8.25 inch long and 3.5 lbs. Drill features an ergonomic handle design, LED light and bit storage
- 1/4 inch impact driver delivers 1450 in/lbs of torque, 0-2,800 RPM and 0-3,100 BPM. Quick load chuck for one handed bit...
A drill and driver is already a given with this drill set. Also, it is entirely cordless so there are no real shackles limiting where you roam with it. Just remember that with great power comes great responsibility. And that really is saying something considering the driver can generate up to 1450 inch pounds of torque, much higher than what most other drills and drivers are capable of. And you might imagine that this sort of power does not come cheap. Well, you are wrong, it does.
Both, the drill and driver, rely on lithium-ion rechargeable battery power. The drill can generate up to 283 units. A compact design overall helps it fit into tight spaces with ease. Both pieces have ergonomically designed handles to enhance comfort and lower fatigue on those hardworking hands. They also have LED lights to assist you in dimly lit conditions and bit storage. We reckon any professional craftsman will see eye-to-eye with it straight away. Recommended without reservation.
Makita Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless Combo Kit
- Compact, Powerful More Run Time
- Variable 2-speed 1/2" Driver-Drill (0-400 & 0-1,500 RPM) with Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 480 in.lbs. of Max...
- Variable speed Impact Driver (0-2,300 RPM & 0-3,200 IPM) provides 1,420 in.lbs. of Max Torque and weighs only 2.8 lbs....
What Makita has come up with here is a 18V compact lithium-Ion cordless combo kit made to the highest quality as can be expected from an expert craftsman. You get a compact and highly usable ½” driver-drill and a highly effective impact driver that weighs just under 3 pounds. Power comes from a 4-pole motor built by Makita delivering 1,420 in.lbs. of torque at 0-2,300 rpm, and 0-3,200 impacts per minute which are good enough for a wide range of tasks.
The Makita also has included a hammer and anvil impact system built from the best available raw materials along with the highest quality in steel and heat hardening to make it well fastened and very powerful. And did we happen to mention it offers all of these benefits at a very affordable rate? Power comes from a lithium-ion battery that is rechargeable and maximum torque has been registered at 1400 pounds. Now that may come across as a handicap but recharging time here is short and sweet, taking less than a half hour.
RYOBI P883 18V Super Tool Combo Kit
- CIRCULAR SAW: This cordless circular saw contains plenty of features that will keep you cutting true. It has a side...
- P271 POWER DRILL: This 1/2 inch chuck drill / driver comes equipped with a magnetic tray for bits and fasteners, a 24...
- P515 RECIPROCATING SAW: An anti-vibration handle, rubber overgrip, variable speed trigger, and easy blade removal latch...
Unlike some of the other brands on this list, Ryobi comes across as a bit of an underdog, perhaps due in part to their drill set costing slightly more on the premium side. But the fact is, you do get plenty of returns on your investment. First off, there is the virtually unlimited mobility thanks to the cordless power setup. This combo kit is powered by a single rechargeable lithium-ion battery. The charger is included in the whole package.
Also included in the price is a tool bag which is a highly practical option for shifting the tools to separate locations of work. You also get a circular saw as well as reciprocating saw. As you can probably tell by now, this drill set is more than appropriate for working on house repairs, and construction. For dealing with dimly lit conditions, a work light is also included. So while it appears to cost more than most of its competitors, it has a lot of nifty features making it worth the price.
Bosch Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill Driver
- POWER: Bosch DDS181A drill and driver provides innovative 18 Volt canned motor that's more compact with the same torque...
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Bosch DDS181A drill/driver features lightweight and compact tough design with a 7. 0 Inch head length and...
- Torque and speed: This drill kit contains the Bosch 25618 cordless drill with 2 batteries (2. 0 Ah slim pack batteries);...
We know this one very well for being one of the best cordless combo kits. It’s easily maneuverable and powerful, two great assets to have at the workplace. It’s interesting to note that it has 2 powerhouses that give it an impressive power-to-weight ratio. There is the Bosch 25618 1/4-inch Hex impact driver and the Bosch DDS181A compact tough 1/2-inch drill/driver. The drill driver here contains a heavy-duty chuck also from Bosch that effectively prevents slippage when there is a high level of torque being applied.
There is also a uniquely designed canned motor, more compact than before but keeps up the power output to the standard amount of 18 volts. Torque from the drill is rated at 600-inch pounds of torque, not the highest you can find in the market but still ample for most tasks. The overall weight has been kept down to 3 and a half pounds. You get a lot more power from the impact driver, 1500 inch pounds to be precise, coming from a dual lithium-ion battery system which is supplied with a charger.
RWIN HANSON Drill Bit Deluxe Set
- Ideal for rethreading fasteners and fastener holes for auto and machinery repair
- Constructed of high carbon steel for durability
- Puts commonly needed taps, dies, drill bits, and extractors at your fingertips
Few products are as resourceful to a craftsman as this is, the RWIN HANSON drill set. And it did not just get that name for nothing. Within this set, you can find almost every component you might need for maintenance work as well as repairs from taps to hex dies and drill bits. The extent of tools available also include those that are ideal for threading a wide range of materials by hand. Made exclusively out of a high carbon version of steel, you get the level of precision that an expert craftsman would need on the job.
The set is well organized too and ergonomically designed. It is as much a joy to look at as it is to work with. All in all, there are 117 pieces. Let us now go over some of them. First, there is the machine screw, taps & dies, threading tools and accessories, die stocks both plain and adjustable, a set of 36 piece drill bits, a T-handle Tap wrench, a two-in-one tap wrench (1 quarter inch & 1 half inch), a 16 leaf metric thread gauge, an 18 leaf standard thread gauge, 5-piece screw extractor, and a screwdriver.
Tacklife PCD02B Drill Set
Tacklife has a firm policy concerning its development of tools which is to enhance the quality of their products to enhance your quality of life. So how have they managed it with their PCD02B drill set? Well, let us find out. The power set up being used here is a dual speed transmission that applies for both drilling and driving. The low-speed setting produces masses of torque to help screw bigger bits in firmly. The high-speed setting uses less torque but a higher speed for better impact.
The forward/reverse switch is ergonomically positioned so that you can operate it using one hand. Torque is managed by a clutch and 19 gears so you can configure it better for specific bits. You also get a power indicator to keep you updated on battery capacity so you know precisely when to charge it up again. The overall profile is compact and lightweight making it more useful in the workplace. And there is an ergonomic carrying case for safe storage and portability.
Stalwart 75-PT1003 Speed Drill & Accessory Tool Set
- Kit includes: drill, Lithium Ion battery and charger (3-5 hr charging time), small flashlight - requires 3 AAA batteries...
- 12 drive sockets (4mm, 4.5mm, 5mm, 5.5mm, 6mm, 7mm, 8mm, 9mm, 10mm, 11mm, 12mm, 13mm), rugged sturdy case, 4 flat head...
- Magnetic bit holder, adaptor for socket, 8 hex keys (1.5mm, 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 5.5mm, 6mm), 2 spade bits (13mm,...
Stalwart created this drill set specifically to tackle household related tasks and DIY projects. So it has considerable appeal to both the professional and the occasional craftsman. The set consists of 75 pieces and is powered by a 12V lithium-ion battery and dual speed transmission. There is also a trigger-happy LED light to light up dark areas. The light weight is also a key factor with this drill. The dual speed transmission features 18 different settings to offer maximum versatility and adjustability to the task at hand.
It is not often that you find a drill set that appeals equally well to full-time users and part-time users, partly because a part-time user does not end up requiring the full scale of components that a full-time user needs. And often times, a larger array of parts equals a larger price tag. But the Stalwart splits the difference beautifully offering 75 components at a very affordable price that convince both full time and part time craftsman that yes, it is a pretty good deal.